CLUB HISTORY

The East Sussex MG Club (Area 1107) was founded in early 1981 with Rob and Anne Storey as the joint secretaries.  The meetings were held at The Crown public house in Blackboys. The Storeys built up the area into a thriving Club and, in about 1986, handed over the position of secretary to Shane Alce, who remained in the post for approximately two years.

The position was then taken by Glenda Humphreys, assisted by Anthony Waterhouse, for some three years. On the closure of The Crown, the club meetings were moved to The Middle House, at Mayfield, where Gary Lester became secretary of the Club.

In 1992 Anthony Waterhouse took over the post from Gary Lester and the venue moved once again to The May Garland at Horam, near Heathfield. Fred Robinson took up the post of Club secretary in 1994 and continued to serve until taking a well-earned break in February 2000, when the baton was handed to Barrie Weller. Subsequently Fred Robinson took up the reins again, followed by Terry Locke, then Carrie Laxton.  Our secretary from 2015 is now Tony Bye.

Having outgrown The May Garland the meeting venue changed to the Crockstead Manor Hotel in October 1997, and to the Highlands Hotel, Uckfield in March 1998. For the last several years our home has been at Wellshurst Golf Club on the A267 between Horam and Hellingly.

club meet

 

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/webring/images/mgringgraphic_newbanner.gif
Linking the World of MG Cars Together
Previous Site | Next Site | List All Sites | Random Site
Add Your Site
| SiteRing by Bravenet.com

SB