Click here to add your MG News.
Our traditional venue at Leatherhead once again plays host to the biggest MG event in the south. This year we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of MGs. A few changes have been made to the show format this year including a completely revised Surrey Run.|
Starting on Friday evening join us for a drink and natter in the Leisure Centre bar. The event on Saturday the very popular 'Surrey Run' will form a major part of the weekend's attractions. The run has been extended and will comprise a drive through some of the most picturesque countryside in Surrey. You will be able to start the run from one of two locations, the Leisure centre or Epsom Racecourse. There will be a couple of places of interest along the route for you to stop should you wish and take lunch including special parking for MGs. The run will take a circular route returning you back to the Leisure Centre at Leatherhead where you will be invited to join Epsom Members for a barbecue in the main show ground before partying the night away at the Disco, which this year is being held in the ambience of the Mariners bar.
The main event on Sunday will include the popular Pride of Ownership competition, which was introduced two years ago. This will provide the opportunity for MGs, which have been cherished by their owners but are not necessarily in concours condition, to be judged on their own merits. There will also be the other concours and condition car competitions as well as the timed driving test and topical seminars.
In a break from tradition the inter area games will be contested this year on the Sunday to bring variety and hilarity to the days proceedings. We also propose a number of children's activities to ensure they enjoy their time at Surrey 99 as well as their Mums and Dads.
Friday 16th July (social evening)
· Welcome - drink & natter in the Leisure Centre bar
· Overnight camping
Saturday 17th July
· Breakfast available in the Leisure Centre
· The reformatted 'Surrey Run' - a scenic drive through the lanes of Surrey to places of interest to all the family
· Lunch available
· Leisure Centre facilities available
· Evening barbecue followed by disco
· 2nd night of camping
Sunday 18th July (the Main Event)
· Breakfast available from the barbecue or in the Leisure Centre
· National concours and condition competitions
· Pride of Ownership competition
· Inter Area Games
· Cars for sale
· Trade stands and autojumble
· Driving tests
· Children's Activities
· Car displays and area club stands
· Seminars and demonstrations
· Bar and barbecue all day
· Prize giving of major trophies and awards
More UK events