Importing MG's into the USA

Click here to add your MG News.

A frequently asked question

I am relocating from Canada to USA, and wish to import my 1977 MGB. The US EPA require that I obtain a letter from the original manufacturer stating that the car was manufactured to meet all Canadian emission requirements. Can you provide me with a contact who could help? There are no Canadian dealers or importers left.

You need to write to:

Anders Clausager - Archivist
British Motor Industry Heritage Trust
Heritage Motor Centre
CV35 0BJ

Telephone: 01926 641188

If you supply all the relevant VIN numbers, Engine numbers they will provide the letter he requires for the USA authorities. There may be a charge for this of I believe around £15 pounds, so it would be as well to quote a credit card number with his enquiry.

Back to the News content

[Copyright/Credits] [Home] [Information] [Feedback]
Made in England